You would always like to keep your children safe and protected yet you know that you cannot be with them all the time. There are also some things that they have to experience on their own in order to learn more about the world in general.
It is okay that you are feeling anxious especially with all the crimes that are happening in various parts of the world. In the past, it is okay if your children would be a bit late going home. You would think that your children just took a slight detour and will be home soon but right now, if your children are a few minutes late, you will assume that something might be wrong.
In the modern world that we live in right now, it is always important that we will talk to our kids about the hazards and the dangers of the world. If in case you do not know how to initiate some of the talks, you can always research about it and explain it in terms that will be easily understood by your children.
Let your kids know the following safety tips:
- Do not get into any car of any person that they do not know. The danger here is sometimes, kids do know the drivers of the cars that they get into. It is best to not go inside cars unless instructed by you, the parent.
- Kids should get away from any person who is trying to take them somewhere.
- Kids should never hitchhike. There are some teenagers who feel that it would be cool to hitchhike because they see it in the movies. It has never been safe and this should not be an option that kids have to take.
- If kids would be asked if their picture should be taken by a stranger, they should say no. They should also inform their teacher or their parents about it immediately.
- Kids should know that nobody should touch parts of the body that are covered by the bathing suit and it is not proper for kids to touch other strangers in those areas even if they are being told to do so. Once again, they should always let teachers or the parents know about incidents like this.
- Kids should have a special type of yell that they can use when they are being forced by strangers to get inside a car or when someone is trying to take them away. The yell should be long and low so that it will be heard by a lot of people. If the yell would be high, this might make the throat become sore faster.
- Kids should know that adults are not supposed to ask help from them. They are the ones that should ask help from adults. If there are some adults who are trying to ask for help regarding a lost puppy or directions, they should not be trusted.
- It will be best if kids can always be with other kids when they go to and from school. If kids have it go somewhere, they should be accompanied by an adult even if the distance is short.
Remember that you also have to scrutinize the suspicious people that may be lurking in your street. Do not trust strangers immediately. As an adult, you should know better. Aside from learning about tile & grout cleaning, sealing, grout coloring – click here, you should find ways to always protect your children from harm.… Read More