Listen, we understand that your kids want to be actively participant in the music they hear. Unfortunately, a lot of that music is wholly inappropriate. But, when you go looking for great music for your kids, you are sure to find stuff that will make you want to poke your own eyes out. Therefore, we have compiled this list of best music for kids that won’t annoy you too much. We hope you will enjoy.
And, if your kids are super interested in music, you might want to show them this site: http://bogobeats.com. While there, they can subscribe to receive two free beats. That means, you can couple these freebies with apps like: Figure, Ninja Jamm, Magic Piano, Scape, and Garageband. Then your kids can sample and play their own music. And, that might be even less irritating than what’s on our list.
Great CDs for Kids
We know how hard it is to allow your kids to listen to educational music, or other kid friendly versions. We understand that the lyrics, voices, and silliness can be supremely annoying. Some of the CDs on this list are old, but they are still less annoying than Caillou or Teletubbies:
- Pioneer Lane– These sisters, the Watson Twins, from Louisville, are terrific harmonizers. Though this isn’t exactly a kids’ album, it will work for good wholesome family friendly fun. If you can’t handle “kid music” this is your best option.
- Here Comes the 123’s– This CD is by They Might be Giants. And, chances are, you had one of their CDs at some point. That makes this one considerably easier to listen to than a good deal of other options available. Your kids will appreciate the quirky creativity exuded by this group. Besides, this album won them a Grammy. Learn more about this group.
- Frog Trouble– If you are looking for a CD slam full of well-known musicians, this is a great compilation. You’ll enjoy Frog Trouble and “eleven other pretty serious songs.” Besides, you can let your kids hear: Allison Krauss, Ben Folds, Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakam, and Darius Rucker among others. Read this.
- You Are My Little Bird– Some moms believe this CD is “pure bliss.” The title song isn’t corny or cheesy, no matter its traditional kid song feel. Even agitated moms will find joy in this album by Elizabeth Mitchell.
- Rocket Ship Beach– Del Fuegos’ former lead vocalist, Dan Zane and friends are the sound behind this album. Plus Suzanne Vega and Sheryl Crow make guest appearances. You’ll enjoy this folky classic full of great story telling.
- Jump Right In– If the other CDs didn’t seem kid focused enough, this album by the Twigs will make it right. The lyrics are easily memorized by your wee ones. They will beg to listen to Blueberry Jam and Pretty Ponies. Trust us. Listen here.
- Recess– In case it’s raining outside, you can always play Recess by Justin Roberts, in doors. The New York Times says he’s basically the Judy Blume of kids’ music. His songs handle hard topics and will offer great insight into the way your kids are feeling. It’s entertaining and therapeutic. Imagine that!
We’ve offered you descriptions of seven great CDs. However, you should also look into purchasing: Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang, Lullaby Classics, and Sing-a-Longs & Lullabies for the Film Curious George.