In the past, mothers always breastfed their babies because they know that breast milk can offer the best nutrients and vitamins that babies need growing up. There are still some who choose not to because they were uncomfortable about it. Over the past years, more and more mothers are becoming aware of the different benefits and are starting to get over their awkwardness of breastfeeding their babies.
These are just a few reasons why you should breastfeed:
- You can enhance your child’s IQ – According to studies, those who are breastfed usually have higher IQ scores than those who are not. This is because breast milk can naturally enhance the child’s mental thinking capacity.
- Breast milk is always safe for your baby – As long as you would not take anything that can add some components to your breast milk then it will always be safe for your baby. Just remember that when you are breastfeeding, it is best to avoid eating anything spicy because this may also spice up your breast milk.
- The size of your breasts will not matter when you are breastfeeding – You may think that you will produce a lot of milk because you have small breasts but no matter how big or small your breasts are, they are going to produce a lot of good milk for your baby.
- You can have a special relationship with your child – The thing about breastfeeding your baby is that you will be close with your baby most of the time. This will let you develop a closeness with your child that you would not get otherwise. Remember to give your baby all the cuddling that you can get.
- You can also benefit a lot from it – Do you know that because of breast feeding, you can start losing the weight that you have gained due to pregnancy? At the same time, you become better protected against certain types of cancers later on. The best thing about breastfeeding is that you can delay your menstruation for a certain period of time.
Probably one of the best things about breastfeeding is that you can save up a bit. Formula milk is expensive especially at the rate that your baby is going to need it. For the first six months of your baby’s life, you can focus on giving your child only breast milk and only start introducing other food products as prescribed by your doctor depending on your baby’s needs.
You may have different fears about breastfeeding like how your breasts would turn out to be especially as your baby gets bigger and you do not have to breastfeed anymore. You want to have wonderful breasts that you will be proud to have. You can check out Thank Your Breasts for more details on how you can enhance your breasts naturally.
Hopefully, the things you have learned above will help you appreciate breastfeeding more so you can start enjoying it with your baby.